Public Relations Arsonist
MindFire’s Public Relations Arsonist plans and oversees public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for clients and/or MindFire. We’re looking for someone to organize and manage our clients’ PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media, and the public.
The PR Arsonist is responsible for developing PR campaigns and media relations strategies, writing, and issuing press releases, holding press conferences, conducting media relations efforts with various publications’ editors, influential bloggers, and client industry web publishers, and placing editorial content, among other tactics.
To be successful in this role, you will need a deep understanding of consumer marketing. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience of working with the media is also an advantage.
- Helps develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies.
- Helps manage the implementation of all public relations campaigns, programs and publicity activities for the agency and its clients.
- Tells our clients’ stories using all appropriate media and communication channels.
- Generates and promotes ideas aimed at gaining support for client goals and policies from its target audiences.
- Serves as an advocate for client businesses; builds and maintains positive relationships with editors and the public.
- Develops media lists.
- Writes, reviews and/or edits all public relations materials and distributes materials, when needed. This includes long-form articles.
- Addresses inquiries from the media and other parties on behalf of our clients.
- Tracks media coverage and assembles placement reports.
- 3-8 years of previous experience as a Public Relations Counselor or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing, and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with media database platforms such as Cision, Meltwater or others.
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
This position is based in Le Claire, IA with an option of working remote.
To apply, send your resume to Amy Behning by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, Oct. 8, 2021.