We’re looking for a full-time accountant with at least 5 years of experience. You’ll work with a great team in a fast-paced, fun and creative environment.
MindFire Communications is a full-service, award-winning marketing agency offering brand development, research, creative development, web and interactive development, public relations, and media planning and buying. We are located in beautiful downtown Le Claire, Iowa, which is in the Quad Cities metro area.
We’re experts at lighting a fire of brand loyalty in the minds of consumers with smart, creative, research-based communications.
The accountant position is responsible for the overall financial dealings of the agency. The accountant is also responsible for the preparation, accurate interpretation and distribution of all financial reports.
- Inputs all vendor invoices and other relevant information needed to accurately bill jobs.
- Enters all approved media and project-related supplier invoices into accounting system.
- Investigates all vendor invoice inquiries and ensures payment to suppliers is made when it is due.
- Responsible for petty cash as well as monitoring and entering credit card charges into system.
- Assists with invoices to clients and reports to account executives on overdue client balances along with contacting clients on overdue balances.
- Records all cash transactions daily and reconciles bank account at the end of each month.
- Responsible for all payroll duties, including entering payroll hours and changes into payroll software.
- Reviews and approves employee timesheets; follows up on overdue time sheets.
- Reports on PTO allotments and usage.
- Records all entries to the general ledger and performs month end close process; provides financial and other operational reports to the Executive Team during monthly financial meeting.
- Works with outside accounting firm on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis to ensure proper calculation of and timely remittance to federal and state government bodies for taxes.
- Responsible for annual health and commercial insurance review and renewal process.
- Maintains benefits programs, including enrollment process, and provides employees with necessary claim forms and assistance when needed.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and assisting with client purchases as needed.
- Assists with entering projects into accounting system as needed.
- Other duties as assigned including updating policies and procedures manual as required.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Accounting or Finance degree.
- Must be able to drive and have reliable transportation.
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible schedules
- MindFire Volunteer Department – Paid time off to volunteer for a non-profit of your choice
- At least 11 paid holidays, including MindFire Day, which is the Friday before Labor Day weekend. (Who doesn’t love a 4-day weekend?!?)
- Casual dress code
- Generous company contribution for health, vision and dental insurance
- Healthcare flex spending account
- Short-term disability insurance provided
- 401k plan with immediate company match
- Access to corporate discount on Aflac Insurance
- The Inspiration Bar — yes, we have a bar in our office…
Inclusive work environment
At MindFire, we believe that diverse thoughts, ideas and people lead to better marketing solutions. That’s why we are so passionate about ensuring people of differing genders, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientation and faiths feel safe at MindFire. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic self to work.
We deliver on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program by:
- Facilitating training that provides listening and learning opportunities for our team.
- Fostering a workplace culture where diverse perspectives are valued and respected.
- Identifying opportunities to build and nurture the new generation of talent in our community – for example: our Light the Spark scholarship program.
Do you think you’re the spark we’ve been looking for?
Send your resume to Amy Behning at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.