Motion Graphics Editor
MindFire Communications is looking for a full-time Motion Graphics Editor based in Le Claire, IA.
Here’s a chance to join a great team where you can ultimately put all your skills and interests to work. The Motion Graphics Editor will work with our team to create digital advertising, informational videos and social media assets.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in motion graphic design, animation, video editing and photo manipulation and is comfortable reading and understanding brand guidelines to create visually compelling graphics for a wide variety of clients.
Send your résumé, along with any samples of your work, to Kyle Menster at Kmenster@mindfirecomm.com by 5pm October 2nd.
No phone calls, please.
MindFire Communications is a full-service, award-winning marketing and branding agency offering brand development, research, creative development, web/interactive development, social media, public relations, and media planning and buying. We are headquartered in beautiful downtown Le Claire, IA.
We’re experts at lighting a fire of brand loyalty in the minds of consumers with smart, creative, research-based communications.
For more information about what we do, and examples of our work, visit us at mindfirecomm.com.
As a Motion Graphics Editor you’ll work closely with the creative and account executive team to bring our client’s brands to life through video editing. You’ll be integral to concepting and creation.
- Apply current state-of-the-art editing technology/best practices for motion graphics & video editing.
- Problem solve creatively and imaginatively in order to service various client needs.
- Continuously learn and implement new editing technologies and industry standards to maximize efficiency.
- Expert working knowledge of numerous video camera file formats, codecs, transcoding, and export of appropriately formatted deliverables for various platforms.
- Execute editing consistent with client strategy and branding.
- Works to manage time appropriately by adhering to project budgets/deadlines and utilizing internal time-tracking software.
- Provide input on creative and technical issues for upcoming shoots.
- Collaborate with team to generate concepts.
- Recommend and incorporate music, sound effects and voice-over.
- Perform color-correction and color grading as needed.
- Name and organize assets according to MindFire naming conventions.
- Ensure all assets are prepared for archiving.
- Work with video and/or graphic design team to create any animations and other graphics required.
- Work with team to understand assets collected and provide input in post-production process.
- Ensure client satisfaction in working through rough edits and final product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in related field — editing, motion graphics or videography.
- 5-7+ years of post-college experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, and Illustrator and other applications within the Adobe Creative Suite. 3D software (Blender, Cinema 4D) experience helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to mix audio and edit music.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and tactically.
- Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and self-management skills.
- Able to execute a range of video projects from smaller testimonial videos to larger commercial edits to content for social media.
- Must be able to drive and have reliable transportation.
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible schedules
- MindFire Volunteer Department – Paid time off to volunteer for a non-profit of your choice
- At least 11 paid holidays, including MindFire Day, which is the Friday before Labor Day (who doesn’t love a 4-day weekend?!?)
- Casual dress code
- Generous company contribution for health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with immediate company match
- Access to corporate discount on Aflac Insurance
Inclusive work environment
At MindFire, we believe that diverse thoughts, ideas and people lead to better marketing solutions. That’s why we are so passionate about ensuring people of differing genders, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientation and faiths feel safe at MindFire. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic self to work.
We deliver on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program by:
- Facilitating training that provides listening and learning opportunities for our team.
- Fostering a workplace culture where diverse perspectives are valued and respected.