Be Mine – Customer retention and Cupid
If you think about it, Cupid is a pretty powerful little fellow. He can aim his bow and arrow at just about anyone and make them fall deeply in love. Don’t you wish you could harness that power in your marketing efforts?
Before you dig out your angel wings and force a kid to whittle a bow and some arrows, consider the tips below. If you stick to these principles, you can make your customers fall for you and be yours forever.
- Be honest. As in any relationships, don’t make promises you can’t keep.
- Be yourself. The more true you are to your brand, the more people will connect. Customers love genuine companies who are authentic about their values, their products and their relationships. Zappos is well known for this trait.
- Be attentive. If you ignore your customers or deliver poor customer service, they won’t feel loved.
- Be appreciative. In any relationship, it’s easy to take your "partner” for granted. Make sure you let your customers know you are truly thankful for their business.
- Make a long-term commitment. Every successful relationship takes commitment to do what’s right for your partners over the long-term. If your customer has a problem, keep your long-term relationship in mind when you figure out how to handle it.
- Stay in touch. Find ways to communicate with your customers on an ongoing basis. Social media is an inexpensive way to keep in touch with your customers on a daily basis and keep the relationship fresh and open. Amazon, for example, connects with customers via Twitter by sharing deals of the day.
- Make them feel special. Everyone likes to feel loved. Reward and encourage your customers with specials that are only for them. It’s a great way to strengthen your relationship.
For more lessons in love, contact us today. We’ll be sure to give you some more arsenal for your quiver.